Thursday, April 24, 2014

I'm still here!

Hi all,
Sorry for the massive gap between my posts! I have been relishing in mommyhood, and I have neglected my blog! Although my last post was in December, there really hasn't been much going on aside from staying inside due to the frigid/snowy winter and enduring a few bouts of illness.

Sydney is just over 11 months now, and she somehow keeps getting cuter and cuter each morning when I go to pick her up out of her crib! She says a few words (mama, dada, baba, lala, and good), crawls around the house like crazy and loves to laugh or make other people laugh.  Two months ago, she was fitted for a DOC band to correct her plagiocephaly (flattening of one side of the head) due to the torticollis she developed in utero. She wears it 23 hours a day, and she does great with it. She had facial and ear asymmetry so it was important that we pursued the band, and we are already seeing improvement! She also is still in physical therapy every week, but her range of motion has improved significantly!

Here she is in her little doc band!
As for my CF, things have been going pretty well. I have sadly missed a handful of treatments over the past 11 months, but I'm committed to regaining my 100% compliance streak. I am currently on Cipro to fight off a cold (which of course has traveled to my chest) I picked up from my daughter, and I'm hoping it kicks in soon because I'm tired of feeling miserable! On a positive note, my diabetes is in wonderful control! My A1c at last week's appointment was 5.7!! I'm pretty proud of that number!

As I start to have a much more rigid routine with Sydney, I am really hoping to get back into reading/commenting on other blogs. I have missed catching up with my CF friends, and I can't wait to find out what has been going on in their lives! This winter/spring has seemed incredibly difficult on our community, and I hope all of my cysters and fibros are doing well.

With that, I will end this post and go read some updates from friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please check back as I sincerely try to write back on any comments given.